Saturday, March 9, 2013

Do (or Did) you like your job? Why? Why not?



Do/Did you like your job?  Why?  Why not?



The pay is/was...                     

good.

not very good.

      

The work is/was...                  

interesting                               

not very interesting

monotonous  单 调 的, monótono, однообразный, رتيب، ممل

        =You do/did the same thing again and again.

stressful  紧张的, estresante, напряжённый, 
مُرهِق، مجهد، باعث على القلق

exhausting  令人 疲 劳 的, cansado, изнурительный, مُنهِك

hard on my back  …hard on my feet...                                                                                       

       =It makes/made my back hurt, my feet hurt.



The hours* are/were...            

bad the hours: the schedule/shift



My boss is/was...                     

friendly

not very nice



My coworkers are/were...       

helpful   有 用 的, atento/servicial, услу́жливый, شخص مفيد

patient   对 某 人 有 耐 心, paciente, терпели́вый, صبور

impatient  不耐烦的, 缺乏耐心的, impaciente,

           нетерпеливый, نافذ الصبر, ضيّق الصدر  حاد الطبع

mean  刻 薄 的, malas personas, подлый, سيء



My workplace is/was...           

clean

modern  现 代 的, 新 式 的, moderno, современный,معاصر

old

dirty

loud

unsafe 危 险 的, con condiciones peligrosas, опасный غير آمن



I get/got...                              

health benefits

dental benefits

sick pay

vacation

a commission   佣 金, comisión, (10%) комиссионых, عمولة

a yearly bonus  奖金, plus/prima, премиальные, علاوة، مكافئة



Other Reasons:

My hours are/were flexible*. I can/could work when I want(ed) to.

      机 动 的, гибкий график работы, قابل للتغيير

I can/could work with the public. I don't/didn't need to work by myself.   民 众, el público,  общественность, عامة الناس

I work/worked alone. I don't/didn't need to deal with the public.                                                  

I'm learning/I learned a lot of useful skills.   有 用 的, provechoso, útil, полезный, مفيد  نافع

I can/could? practice my English on the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment